The College of ACES offers multiple remote desktop options for accessing machines and software, primarily through the campus Citrix serivce: UIUC AnyWare.
Remote desktop provides the ability to use speciality software without leaving home. You can even print to your home printer or use your locally connected drives. With the campus Citrix service (UIUC AnyWare) you can run full desktops (located across campus) or directly stream specific software to any device or web browser.
To connect: Use the links below to choose a service; we recommend starting with UIUC AnyWare. Additional directions are linked below.
*Please do not save/keep files on these remote machines.
Files left locally on the machines are automatically deleted periodically.
|See the list of campus-wide machines and applications|
For assistance with Anyware click here for documentation articles.
|See a list of specialty labs within ACES|
This page requires a VPN/campus connection to view.
Remote Desktop Client Instructions
For info and assistance with UIUC AnyWare, see this article from Technology Services.
If you are not in a University buidling, you must use the Technology Services’ Virtual Private Networking (VPN). For instructions on how to do this, visit the Technology Services VPN website.
If you are in a University buidling, you do not need to use the VPN connection. However, you should still use it if you are experiencing issues.More information on how to use a remote desktop client is available here:
For Mac users
For Windows PC users
The following notes apply:
- The ACES lab computers automatically reboot at 4 A.M.. Please save your work and log off before then.
- Sessions that are idle or disconnected for 30 minutes will automatically be logged off.
- All campus IT policies apply and all computer use is logged.
- Please do not use more than one machine at a time.
- If you abuse this privilege, we will block you from using the service.
- We reserve the right to schedule downtime for maintenance on the machines. If this happens, we will try to give as much notice as possible.