The CAT Media Commons is a sound dampened studio which gives students, faculty, and staff the tools to create and edit stunning multimedia. Thanks to funds provided by Caterpillar Inc., this room is open to all University students, faculty, and staff, although priority is given to those affiliated with the College of ACES. It is located in rooom 028 of the ACES LIAC, just behind the ACF Help Desk.
Although the room is open for use to anyone with a University NetID, it must first be reserved before use. You can reserve the room by using our reservation system. Users of the room must also fully read and sign a copy of the Media Commons Agreement Terms before using the room or equipment.
- Nikon D600 with 24-85mm VR Lens and ME-1 Shotgun Mic
- Davis & Sanford 7518 Tripod
- 3-point LED Light Kit
- Black, Blue, and Green Screens
- GoPro Hero 3 – Black Edition (Equipment Checkout)
- 27″ iMac with secondary 27″ monitor
- Blue Spark Digital Microphone
- Final Cut Pro X
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Aperture 3
- iMovie ’11
- Garage Band ’11