We are allowing remote access to 30 computers in one of the labs of the ACES Academic Computing Facility. This service allows users to access special class software and other ACF resources from home or dorm rooms from 5 p.m. to 4 a.m. Monday through Friday and noon to 4 a.m. Saturday and Sunday. During Winter and Spring breaks remote hours will be 8 a.m. to 4 a.m.
Remote desktop provides the ability to use all of the software available in the ACF without leaving home. You can even print your work to your home printer.
Please remember not to save any files on the remote machines.
Files left on the machines are automatically deleted periodically.
Remote Desktop Client Instructions
If you are not in a University buidling, you must use the CITES Virtual Private Networking (VPN). For instructions on how to do this, visit the CITES VPN website.
If you are in a University buidling, you do not need to use the CITES VPN.
More information on how to use a remote desktop client is available here:
For Mac users
For Windows PC users
The following notes apply:
- The lab computers automatically reboot at 4 A.M.. Please save your work and log off before then.
- Sessions that are idle or disconnected for 30 minutes will automatically be logged off.
- All campus IT policies apply and all computer use is logged.
- Please do not use more than one machine at a time.
- If you abuse this
privilege, we will block you from using the service.
- We reserve the right to schedule downtime for maintenance on the machines. If this happens, we will try to give as much notice as possible.