- Printing is available for all students, faculty, and staff at the University.
- Students can login and print. They will be billed after printing.
- Faculty and staff will need to contact us in order to purchase print credit.
To view your account information please click the link below.
- 2 Lexmark T644s - laser, black & white
- 2 HP LaserJet 4700 - laser, color
- Duplex, or double-sided printing, is available on all printers (a two page document will print to the front and back of one piece of paper). Users will still be charged for two pages when using this option. Visit our Duplex Printing How-to page for detailed instructions on how to use this feature.
- Black & white printing is $0.08 per page. Color printing is $0.35 per page.
- Please note:
With the implementation of the new system, the $5.00 initial charge has been dropped. Users will now be billed only for what they print. Balances that existed on the old print system have been transferred into the new system. So, if you had $2.85 left in your account from last semester, you will still have $2.85 left in your account. You will not be charged again until you spend the remaining credit, at which time you will only be charged for what you print.
- Print credits are available for jobs that do not release correctly. Credits may be awarded for the following reasons:
Credits will not be awarded for the following:
- Job does not come out of printer
- Job comes out but paper is torn
- Job comes out but toner is low and print quality is affected
- Paper has smearing
- User prints wrong job
- User accidentally releases another person’s print job
- User prints to wrong printer (e.g., user wants color, but chooses black and white)
- User prints in black and white on the color printer
- User prints too many pages/copies
- Page is missing an element (such as a graphic)
- If job printed but was torn, etc. user must surrender unacceptable document or no credit will be issued.
- Print credit requests that do not fall into one of the above categories will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Please see a help desk attendant if you would like to request a print credit.
- Please note: the attendants are not issuing a print credit, they are only submitting a request for approval or denial.